Whether if you have started your gym appointments or not, squats workout has always been one of the most common exercises that are recommended. The best aspect of squats is that does not require any equipment at all for what it requires is just you and your body.
Squats are considered one of the best ways to burn calories, especially when it comes to cutting down flabs in your lower body; thus, it can be applied in both men and women.
Squat exercises come in multiple varieties, making it more challenging for you as your burn some calories. With the different ways and methods of doing squats, you will see that it can be effective in making your body get toned. Below are the most common benefits when you practice squatting.
- Stronger Lower Body – This is the most common advantage of squatting. Squatting primarily targets your lower body muscles – quads, hamstrings, and glutes. Aside from that, it also improves the balance of your body.
- Improved Core Muscle Strength – Squats enables you to work on your cores as well, making you develop better posture, stronger and toned muscles.
- Fat-Burner – Since squats make you develop stronger muscles, this means that doing squats makes you burn fat for more muscles means less fat.
- Lower Risk of Injury – Since squats primarily improve your lower body, it would mean that it would also work as a primary stabilizer and reduces your risks of getting an injury when you’re doing physical activities.
- Improves Hormone Release – Various squats have different effects on your body, and one of them is making your body get more stimulated when it comes to the release of muscle-building and growth building hormones.
- Enhanced Flexibility – When you can do all types of squats, then it is a guarantee that your flexibility is also significantly improved since this exercise affects all parts of your body.
- Improved Digestion – Squatting is a great way to enhance elimination. It improves the flow of fluids and the passing of waste through your bowels.
Basic Types of Squats:
The standard squat targets your leg muscles and aids in expanding the leg muscles, and it also helps you achieve better posture and improves overall physical performance. To do it, you have to stand with your feet that are hip-width apart, hold your arms straight in front of you with your palms facing the floor. Then, you twist your knees and descend your body until your thighs are parallel to the ground and pull yourself back to your first position.
Gun Squat or Pistol Squat
This exercise is viewed as a standout among all the types of squats. Though it might appear as painful, its efficiency in improving your body makes it all worth the practice. Gun squats are the best exercise to have solid and toned legs and the symmetry of the abdominal area. To do it, you have to spread your legs hip-width apart, raise one leg up as you hunch down, and stand back up without using your lifted leg.
This is a barre-enlivened exercise that targets the lower body as well as your major back muscles. You can use a dumbbell in this exercise to make it more challenging. To do it, you have to begin with your feet apart while you are holding a dumbbell in both hands. Maintain your toes turned out around 45 degrees, and start lifting your rear areas up as you twist your knees while you are adjusting on the chunks of your feet. Drop your body down while holding your back upright, and gradually return to your first position.
The Sumo Squat is regarded to be one of the most effective exercises that can greatly improve your glutes, as well as your quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves. To perform this, you have to keep your legs widely apart with your arms straight up in front of you. Proceed by driving your hips back and hunch down by twisting your knees. Return to your first position.
Considered to be on of the most practical lower body exercise, dumbbell squats are also regarded to be one of the ideal squat exercises for it positively affects the quads, glutes, and hamstrings whilst enhancing adaptability and reduction of risks from injuries. This is performed by holding a dumbbell on each hand, resting with your feet put hip-width apart. Proceed by driving your hips back and then twist down while you keep your body upright. Hunch down until your thighs are parallel to the ground, sit for a couple of moments and bring yourself back to your first position.
Hack Squats are one of the most practical exercises for your thighs, and quads. First, you have to circle a protection band around your legs, placing it under your knees. Drive your knees against the bank for it to be stable and slowly lead yourself to a squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor. While you’re at it, move to the side and back.
The squat jump is a flexible plyometric practice that trains speed, quality, power and power improvement. It focuses on the leg muscles more as also benefits your cardio. Begin with a squat position with your hands resting on your hips. Then, hop up on an elevated surface whilst maintaining your former position, and hop back. You can swing your arms to help you perform better jumps.
Various ways of squats are also available for your aid in making your body get toned and improved. You have to figure out which exercise best fits your needs, and follow them for you to notice significant changes in your body.